Personal, Social, Health and Citizenship Education
De La Salle School believes that a strong PSHCE education is important to help our pupils develop into well-rounded members of society, who are able to make a positive contribution to their community. At De La Salle, our PSHCE curriculum is strongly tied to our relationship and sex education (RSE) and pastoral care programme.
The vision for students, staff and others linked to our school is to always look to achieve our personal best in every aspect of school life.
- Our school is one where everyone is encouraged and supported to achieve their personal best
- Our school is welcoming, inclusive, has a real community feel and is a place where everyone is valued
- Our pupils and staff treat each other equitably, fairly, with kindness and with mutual respect. At all times, staff and pupils are encouraged to show a high regard for the needs and feelings of others through their actions and words
- Our pupils and staff are enterprising and approach challenges with a ‘can-do’ attitude
- The needs and interests of all pupils, irrespective of gender, culture, ability or aptitude, will be promoted through an inclusive and varied PSHCE curriculum at our school
- Our environment is safe and clean with everyone sharing responsibility for it
- Our culture is one of continuous improvement, creativity and enthusiasm
- Parents and carers will be informed about the policy via the school’s website where it, and the PSHCE and RSE curriculum, will be available to read and download
- This policy will be used alongside the careers policy in order to ensure a comprehensive PSHCE education
PSHCE Curriculum Overview